Saturday, May 19, 2007

NFL NEWS AND NOTES



WR Keyshawn Johnson will visit the Titans on Friday. His relationship with Titans coach Jeff Fisher goes back to Southern California, when the coach played for the Trojans and Johnson was a ball boy. "I know Jeff, but I don't know the organization and I don't know the makeup of the team and the coaching staff. I know a little bit about Norm Chow. I know Norm from college. At the same time, I want to make sure everything's the right fit," Johnson said. "I was in a situation last year I thought was the right situation, and wind up a year later going in another direction. I want to make sure it's something everybody is committed to for the next couple of years. They're committed to me, and I'm committed to them, whoever it is I go play for."....

According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Kansas City QB Trent Green is reportedly prepared to take another step toward maneuvering his way onto the Dolphins' roster. Green is set to attend Kansas City's upcoming workout sessions that begin Monday. The Chiefs cannot bar Green from participating and would have to guarantee his 2007 base salary of $7.2 million if he suffered a season-ending injury during a session. While such a scenario is unlikely, the risk of Green getting seriously hurt could push Kansas City closer toward making a trade with the Dolphins. The Dolphins are reportedly willing to raise their trade offer and send more than a sixth-round draft pick to the Chiefs for a player who would become their starting quarterback.....

According to the Nashville City Paper, Titans RB LenDale White did not work Wednesday and won’t go Thursday because of his sore hamstring. “He’s doing fine, but we’ve just decided to hold him out this week,” coach Jeff Fisher said.....

Rod Smith, 37, said Thursday that his bum left hip - and not age - caused him to lose a step last season. He also revealed that the hip, which he had surgically repaired in February, had been bothering him since 2004, the year before he earned his third trip to the Pro Bowl. "Last year I couldn't even sleep ... because my leg was throbbing all night," Smith said. "So, basically, I stayed up the whole year last year and that's not good. That's what makes you old, when you're not getting any rest and you've got to go out here and fight with these young dudes. That's what gets you run out of the league real quick." Smith said his hip was such a mess - torn labrum, frayed cartilage, bone spurs, floating fragments - that his surgeon couldn't believe he had played at all last season.

No comments: