Friday, April 27, 2007

NFL DRAFT 2007



Sports Illustrated reports that rookie RB Adrian Peterson's collarbone was re-injured in the Fiesta Bowl, his last collegiate game, and his draft stock may tumble because teams see him as someone needing additional surgery and recovery time that can cut into training camp. "Because of him re-injuring it in the bowl game, it's not as far along as it should be, it's not healed," a team executive said. "He lost three months with the re-injury. The question is, will it be healed enough to take a hit?" Peterson has told NFL Network that he doesn't expect to miss any time, though his agent told the Cleveland Plain Dealer that surgery is likely.....

The Kansas City Chiefs quickly dispelled rumors they are shopping Pro Bowl RB Larry Johnson before this weekend's NFL draft. Team spokesman Bob Moore said Thursday the Chiefs have not offered Johnson to anybody and that no team has been given permission to speak with him. "Anybody who is reporting it's true is simply not telling the truth," Moore said. The 27-year-old Johnson has been participating in the Chiefs' offseason program, but is entering the final year of his contract. He has made it clear he wants a deal worth more than the eight-year, $60 million contract San Diego Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson signed two years ago.....

In an e-mail to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper said his rehab fron knee surgery is right on schedule. "Last month I was encouraged about my progress as I was doing extremely well," Culpepper wrote. "I had spent three months working 5 days a week on my own and with the Dolphins training staff. My surgeon asked me not to push the process. Specifically, I have been told to begin to ease into things after May 1st. This is the plan based on Dr. (James) Andrews's timeframe. I must say based on how I feel, I am right on schedule. It may not meet the timeframe of some peoples expectations, and if not I understand. I just won't let those expectations cause me to make the same mistake again. I plan on playing at a high level for a lot longer in this league, so I want to do what is necessary to get healthy and stay healthy.".

No comments: